Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Turn Of A Century

The Birthday Girl!

Well, she did it! Granny B has officially made it to the 100th year mark! This woman is simply amazing. She has blessed many with her presence for 100 great years. Talking to her, you wouldn't believe that she was born back in 1912. It amazes me how she can remember practically everyone's names and can tell stories like they took place yesterday!



I had the pleasure of sittin with Granny B one afternoon while she told stories about life on the farm. She informed me that she was an official"farmerette". She advised me on how to be a good farmer's wife and how she would help her husband on the farm. "You give them a whirl around a time or two until the head goes in one direction and the body goes in the other." Now she isn't talking about ringing her husband's neck, this is how she described the killing of her chickens!  I wish I could be half of the "farmerette" as she was back in her prime.


 I believe the birthday girl had a great time at her party. She came back to her hometown in order to celebrate with her friends and family here. Although she would love to move back into her old house (now our house), she doesn't want me to loose a place to stay. Thank goodness she is thoughtful! Granny B. is still sassy as ever! At the nursing home, Granny B. has a motorized chair. You best be getting out of her way because if you get in the way, she will run you over...she told me so! She passed the test to get her license to drive the motorized chair but she was on her best behavior. Apparently Granny B was like this driving a car too! Her grandson, Shaun, tattled on her and her aggressive driving behaviors! Word of advice...look out for the sweet little lady in the chair...she will get ya!

The whole clan
 I couldn't find Alex or Dan for a little while so i checked in the kitchen and this is what I found!


Throwing little candies at each other is a great way to entertain themselves!


Seeing as there aren't many people lucky enough to celebrate their 100th birthday, my parents decided to come pay us a visit and celebrate with the birthday girl. Of course, it wouldn't be a normal weekend trip if they didn't get drug into helping with something.

I love the men in my life!
Dad was a great supervisor while Dan changed the oil in my car.


Nothin like a good ride on a gorgeous fall day!

I am so thankful for weekends like this! Lots of family, friends, and being outdoors.

The joys of being a "Farmerette"

No comments:

Post a Comment