Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Love is in the air




October had arrived quickly and never slowed down. I hate how my favorite month just seems to pass on by without taking off the shoes and staying for a while.

The beginning of October was filled with parties and fall festivals with friends while the end of October was filled with a wedding,anniversary and a BIG birthday!

One of my favorite activities, crafting, has kept me busy the past few weeks. I volunteered to make a few things for my brother's wedding but didn't realize how quickly the wedding would sneak up on me. Thankfully, I had a couple of nights when Dan was working late to finish up the projects!



In preparation for my brother's wedding, I decided that a nice summer glow would complement my bridesmaid dress well. I was determined that I would not lie in a tanning bed so a spray tan was the next best thing. Afraid of coming out like an oompa loompa, I decided that tan- in- a- can – a la – Dan was the best option! I purchased some tanning spray at good ol’ Walley World and I was definitely not let down. I was left with a streak-free glow, similar to a spray tan. The only issue I had was the possible splotchiness on my backside (complements of Dan). I would hop in the shower while Dan was left holding the future of my tan in his hands. He reassured me that he could handle it,  that it was just like painting his tractor. I am really not sure if that was as reassuring as he thought considering I was rethinking the size of my back side. I may possibly have a smiley face on my rear but my arms/back/chest was streak free!
Wedding Day!

Along with my thriftiness for a diy spray tan, I was able to find a great deal in the artificial nail department! While on my last  couponing adventure I opted to pick up a box of $5.59 french manicure set. That was the best $5.59 I have ever spent! Thank goodness I picked up the correct box seeing as I made this purchase the same day I had my eye doctor fiasco! While holding my $5.59 manicure next to my Aunt Carol’s $40.00 manicure at the wedding rehearsal, no difference could be found! Yay for being thrifty!!

Me and the Groom
As for Ryan, I am so happy that he found the woman of his dreams. They are absolutely perfect for each other. They had a beautiful wedding and a reception that left people unable to walk the next day. Actually, I don't think I was able to walk normally until about Wednesday. The band was great and I believe fun was had by all! I wish them all of the happiness in the world! There is nothin like being married to your best friend!
Me and the Hubby
Sisterly Love
Happy In-Laws


Happy Parents
Happy Grandparents

Dan and I just happened to celebrate our one year anniversary this past Monday as well! I must be pretty important...Dan left the field early just so he could take me out for a nice dinner! Hey, we even had time to take a family picture with Pete!!

Family Picture
Eating the top tier of our wedding cake


Now as October begins to come to a close, I am on my way to getting the house ready as we await the arrival of Granny B for her 100th birthday! We are so very excited to share this special day with her!




Oh the joys of being a farmer's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment