Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Fun

About every other two weeks or so I am blessed to be able to spend some time with my parents. We are a very tight-knit family and living three hours away can sometimes be difficult. I am so grateful that I now get to spend more quality time with them. This is something I have learned to value tremendously.

Their trips down usually consist of me using them as my taste testers on new recipes, putting dad to work doing handy-man jobs and a lot of front porch sittin'. The lifestyle down here is a much slower pace than what they are used to. It is so amazing to me that within a three hour distance there is a lot of differences between the two places(this is another story for another day).A weekend getaway usually leaves them relaxed and well rested and possibly talking a tad bit slower.

This particular trip we had a rather large agenda to take care of. First on the list was to get my cat, Gracie, shaved. Gracie is a very personable and loving cat. The only issue with Gracie is that she is hairy...very hairy.

This is Gracie, pre-humiliation.
This is Gracie, post-humiliation.
Notice her fat pockets?


Gracie joined Pete in the nakedness. Poor things have to learn how to be comfortable in their own skin...literally. The rest of the weekend we shopped,played with the horses and took care of the typical farm chores. It still amazes my mom that I can walk the horses across the road into my front yard and let them eat grass. Now if only I can teach them to leave their homemade fertilizer in one spot for future use on my flowers. That would be quite a trick now wouldn't it!


Pete thinks he is big and bad until the horses actually move.


Mom and I also tried out this new recipe called Fire Crackers. I got the recipe off of  allrecipes.com. I am now kicking myself in the rear because these things are simply amazing! It is impossible to just eat one cracker. Believe me..I tried!







No comments:

Post a Comment