Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad...My Hero

Father's Day is here once again. Some may go out and buy extravagant gifts while others enjoy the simplicity of spending time together. Father's Day is a day where we honor our fathers. We tell them how much we love and appreciate them. A day where we realize how lucky we are to have these men in our lives. Father's Day falls on one day out of the year although it should be a daily occurrence. I know my dad does more for me than just to show him my love and appreciation one day a year.

So here is a tribute to my dad, my hero.

My dad is the one that puts his children first. He is always there to answer that phone call when his little girl is in tears because she doesn't know how to fix her car or how to handle a grown up issue...like taxes.


My dad is the one that always told my brother and I that we could do whatever we set our mind to...that the sky was the limit. He encouraged us to always do our best and take every opportunity we could...even when that meant sending his little girl three hours away to college.


My dad is the one who always shared his 12 famous words:
         They Show..I Owe
         They Neigh..I Pay
         They Poop..I Scoop
This pertains to horses of course. Yes, my dad was never that interested in horses but was always interested in what I had to tell him after my riding lessons. He always made it to my horse shows..even if it was just for the afternoon. He drove us 8 hours to a horse show just to make sure we got there safely. He did his research when we bought our horse trailer in order to make sure it was safe for the horses. All of this for his little girl.


My dad is the one that flew his airplane down to Kentucky  just so my horse could have the special grain that I got back home. He would fly down to Murray to check on my oil in my car and make sure the tires were safe. This man would do anything for his little girl.



My dad is the one that helped me plan my dream wedding. He told me that he wanted me to have the wedding that was Cinderella worthy. He helped me plan my big day down to the little details...even the flowers. He walked me down that isle and gave me away...realizing he was no longer the only man in my life.


My dad is amazing. I thank the Good Lord everyday for him. I am so blessed to be able to call him Dad.


I may possibly be the luckiest girl in the world. Not only do I have an amazing father, I have an amazing fathe-in-law as well! Brent  is the type that took me in as a daughter from the beginning. He is so kind-hearted and caring. I couldn't have picked a better father-in-law even if I tried.


Brent, thank you for raising the man of my dreams!


Happy Father's Day!!


1 comment: