Saturday, September 15, 2012

Let The Chaos Begin

Well it has been darn right crazy around here. I think fall is simply a crazy, hectic, but oh so wonderful time of year! Dan has been working long hours with his cousin trying to shell their corn, as well as getting ready to cut his own beans. One thing is for sure, fall has definitely been much more promising than the previous summer months! Rain has been plentiful and the beans are GROWING!!! The army worms are long gone and the light is shinning at the end of the tunnel.

Dan might just have some beans to cut with his new toy!

Work has been keeping me busy along with trying to fulfill my "wifely duties" of cooking, cleaning and attempting to keep up with Dan's dirty clothes. Squeezing an afternoon ride in these days is getting much more difficult as the days just get shorter. Nothing clears the mind better than a good ride! Part of the pure craziness might just be my own darn fault. I have recently been introduced to the couponing world. I always thought those that were serious into couponing were down right nuts. Well...they proved me wrong! My friend has shown me her ways. Now I am nowhere near her skill level just yet but I recently had a shopping trip that ranks up there. With a bill ringing up to $58.67 and left paying $6.00, I think I might just stick to this new hobby!!

With Dan working long hours lately, some are concerned with how I am handling the "transition period" of being a farmer's wife. Thankfully, I am very good at entertaining myself. Between the horses, blogging, couponing, baking, and playing with my camera, I can't seem to find enough hours in the day to finish what I want to do. Yes, it is hard not seeing Dan like I did before harvest but that just means I get to spend my Friday nights in the cab of a combine.This might not be an ideal date night to some, but I think I just might be able to get used to it. As I climbed up into the combine with Dan Friday, Brian, Dan's cousin, had his wife, Beth, and two kids, Bradley (8) and Lillian (7), climb up in his combine to ride too. For those of you that aren't familiar with the size of a combine cab, it is tight quarters for two people let alone 2 adults and 2 kids. Beth usually brings the guys dinner in the field and packs along the kids so they can spend a couple of hours in the field with dad. Family time in the cab of a combine...I can't think of anything better!



Ryan and Gena trying to not break the ribbon
With my big brother getting married in October, the wedding activities add to the chaos just a tad. It is just so crazy to think that this time a year ago I was going through the same wedding festivities. It is all so exciting but darn right exhausting.
Me and the Groom-To-Be
Wedding Dress Cupcakes I made


So as if the next couple of months couldn't get any crazier, I think it is time to plan bonfires and wienny roasts with the friends!


The joys of being a farmer's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment