Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Fall Ya'll!

As of Saturday, autumn is officially here! The hustle and bustle of the harvest season is in full swing. We are very welcoming of the cooler temperatures, crisp air, and CALVES!





Now that homework and studying are things of the past, I am able to do what I love best...crafting, decorating, horsing around and taking pictures!




Craft of the day
I love antiquing


My lil girl is growing up so fast

Good ol' Dakota

View from the house


A boy and his dog


Good ol' Kentucky sunset

I was able to enjoy a Saturday at home and some more time behind the camera. Maybe within the next 10 years I can fully understand how to use this thing!

Once Dan got back from the field Saturday afternoon, Pete and I loaded up into the Jeep to go check on the cattle and beans at the other farm. I believe this was the first day we were able to come in close proximity to Pete since Thursday. Pete + Skunk = Skunk Wins and we left with one stinky dog! It's bad enough having a dog sprayed by a skunk but then when the dog jumps all over the husband and covers husband's face with skunk fumes, you are left with a stinky dog AND a stinky husband! Thankfully, we have found the cure all pill for skunk spray. Move over tomato juice, there is a new remedy in town. Mix baking soda + Dawn + Hydrogen Peroxide and say goodbye to the awful skunk mist!

One happy dog
I think checking cows/beans is Pete's favorite past time...besides chasing  the rooster

Beans, beans, and more beans!!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it is a duck blind in the shape of a cow. When Dan wasn't in the field, he and some buddies built a duck blind to like Ol' Betsy. This was the first time I had seen the cow blind and I was rather impressed. It really did resemble a cow... minus the extremely out of proportion body. The real cows that share the pasture with Ol' Betsy are convinced it is one of them. Ol' Betsy had cow hair all over her and it looked like she was messed with. I just hope she didn't have an awkward encounter with the bull...

The duck blind...A.K.A. Ol' Betsy

Betsy's head


Betsy's side drops down when the birds come a flyin

I am now left with a normal smelling dog, a house full of fall decorations and hundreds of pictures of random farm things on the computer.

Oh how I love Saturdays and being a farmer's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment