Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Sky Is Crying

For the past three months, weather has been the primary discussion at every meal, every event and possibly every waking thought. I hear farmers discussing that this has been the driest year they have experienced since 1952. Talk about a good year for Dan to start his farming career. Thankfully we have full faith in the Good Lord that he will provide. As one of my previous employers always said, "What little rain we do get is more than we deserve." We try to stay positive as the weatherman continues to inform us that it is hot and dry.

But no worries, Dan has a backup plan if he ever quits farming. He informed me that he will join an '80s rock band as a guitarist. I need not to worry because he already told me I could be his full-time band groupy. I guess this makes me feel a little better!

As I am doing my workout video this morning I took a little break. I wandered over to the window and I almost thought I was hallucinating. I mean I know Jillian Michaels is brutal in her videos but I am not that out of shape. I was ecstatic when I realized I was not on the verge of passing out but instead staring at rain drops...big, beautiful raindrops!! I think a tear just might have fallen from my eye!

I immediately called Dan to tell him what my eyes have just witnessed! His response to the rain was if he was home he would go lay in his beans and hug them. Hmmm...interesting reaction to rain but right now I can't blame him. His beans have been on the verge of being fried. It is heartbreaking knowing you put all of this money into the ground and not knowing if there will be any return in the end.

So today we are praising the Good Lord for this shower. We are hoping the rain becomes more frequent. And we go right back to praying for a plentiful harvest!

The joys of being a farmer's wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment